Two-Minute Drill: Inside OSU-Michigan Postgame
By Brandon Castel
COLUMBUS, Ohio — And then there were none. Unbeatens that is.
With a 56-53 victory over Michigan on Sunday, Ohio State successfully knocked off the last unbeaten team in Division I college football. They also kept their bitter rivals from reaching the top spot in the rankings.
Here’s what Ohio State coach Thad Matta, Michigan coach John Beilein and their players had to say after the game.
On Craft vs. Burke
* Trey Burke said Aaron Craft is one of the best defenders. Loves playing against him because it makes him better.
* Beilein: "Craft is as good a defender as I've ever seen. He's tremendous."
* Craft said he thinks being from Columbus is in the back of Burke's mind: "When make it personal, you tend not to play your best."
* Craft on Burke's three: "That was a great shot. I thought it was going to go in when I turned around. He's a great player."
* Craft told his teammates during a timeout to stop helping off their man. He could do the job against Burke.
* Matta said Craft had "a unique way about him" today. Knew before the game he was going to be ready to do the job.
* Matta on Burke's stepback three: "I felt he was going to for the three. That was a big-time move he made."
On Ohio State
* Beilein said Ohio State has a really good defensive team.
* Deshaun Thomas said the Buckeyes came out with juice and toughness. Said they were together on defense and played hard.
* Matta said the way they started the game was as good as they have played defensively all season.
* Matta: "We lost our composure momentarily there for a while."
* Matta said the fans today were as good as he's ever seen them.
* Matta said he considers Shannon Scott to be a starter with the level he's playing at right now.
* OSU senior Evan Ravenel: "There's always satisfaction denying Michigan the No. 1 spot in the country."
* Burke said they came out better in the second half but it was too late.
* Burke said there were some looks down the stretch they shouldn't have taken, but they have confidence in their shots.
* Burke said Ohio State's defense was denying Nik Stauskas the ball. They couldn't get it to him.
* Beilein said his guys were really excited for this matchup. Got a little over zealous with perimeter defense.
* Beilein said losing like this is "terrific for us." Called tough road losses "part of the journey." Good teams get better through it.
* Beilein said his guys were really, really amped for this game. Came out with everything they had and got outside themselves.
Donate by Check :
1380 King Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43212
Help us bring you more Buckeye coverage. Donate to the-Ozone.
Click here to email this the-Ozone feature to a friend...or even a foe.
(c) 2010 The O-Zone, O-Zone Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, rebroadcast,rewritten, or redistributed.