Two-Minute Drill: Meyer Talks Wisconsin on B1G Teleconference
By Brandon Castel
COLUMBUS, Ohio — Urban Meyer said this weekend’s bout with Wisconsin will be a “measuring stick” for his undefeated football team. It’s going to test their toughness and their resolve as they look for their 11th win of the season in hostile territory.
Here’s a rundown of what else Meyer had to say during his appearance on the Big Ten Football Teleconference Tuesday afternoon.
AP National Title?
* Meyer said he never talked to his players/seniors about going undefeated this year. Goal was to win as many games as they could.
* Meyer on AP title possibility: "At some point that might be worth discussing, but certainly not right now."
* Meyer: "I was up to visit that place last year, and it's got all the makings of a great college town, great college program."
* Meyer said his first comment to his assistants was how Wisconsin scored that many points only throwing it 7 times.
* Meyer said his defensive coaches told him Curt Phillips is the best athlete of the Wisconsin QBs, but can also throw it.
* Meyer called Montee Ball "a big time back," said he's faster than what he initially expected.
* Meyer on rivalry with Wisconsin: "It's amazing to hear our players talk about it."
* Meyer: "I found out Wisconsin has run a few fake punts against Ohio State with some success."
* Meyer: "We're going to find out how good we are. This will be a great measuring stick for how tough we really are."
* Meyer said Carlos Hyde is one of the most improved players on the team. Handles his business like a grown man now.
* Meyer said important thing is trying to improve the production around Braxton. "Early in the year I just didn't have confidence in them."
Donate by Check :
1380 King Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43212
Help us bring you more Buckeye coverage. Donate to the-Ozone.
Click here to email this the-Ozone feature to a friend...or even a foe.
(c) 2010 The O-Zone, O-Zone Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, rebroadcast,rewritten, or redistributed.