Two-Minute Drill: Meyer Provides Tuesday Updates
By Brandon Castel
COLUMBUS, Ohio — Urban Meyer still doesn’t know if he will have Jordan Hall available Saturday.
The Buckeyes didn’t practice on Monday after meeting briefly on Sunday, but they will return to the field today for the next ‘Bloody Tuesday’ practice under Meyer.
Ohio State’s head coach said the two running backs who are available right now are freshman Bri'onte Dunn and sophomore Rod Smith. He likely won't know until after today whether Hall will be available. Certainly by tomorrow, but Meyer didn’t sound the most optimistic during his appearance on the Big Ten Football Teleconference Tuesday.
* Meyer said they have always had to worry about QB preservation, whether it was Josh Harris, Alex Smith or Tim Tebow.
* Meyer said a lot of QB injuries happen when guys get hit in the pocket rather than running in the open field.
* Meyer said he would ideally like to keep Braxton Miller in the 12-15 carry range each week. He told me yesterday that is a lot tougher to do in the heat of battle when he’s your best player.
* Meyer expects them to put an extra safety in the box to stop Braxton, play man coverage on the outside.
* Meyer said Braxton's learning curve has been accelerated, and he's really proud of the way he's developed.
* Meyer: "Most people are skeptical, and I'm one of them, about 2-quarterback situations." Called situation at Florida unique.
* Meyer said Cal's '46 Bear' defense is different than any other one they will see this year.
* Meyer said the 'Bear' defense puts Corey Linsley on an island all game against a good player.
* Meyer said it's tough to go into this game against their unique defense with a freshman RB. Biggest concern is taking care of the ball.
* Meyer said Philly Brown was just a guy "who likes to catch passes." Turned the corner with a 3.8 or 3.9 GPA this summer.
* Meyer called Keenan Allen "potentially the best receiver we'll face all year."
* Meyer said Bradley Roby gets bored. Meyer told him guys like Joe Haden never get bored. Ultimate competitor.
Donate by Check :
1380 King Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43212
Help us bring you more Buckeye coverage. Donate to the-Ozone.
Click here to email this the-Ozone feature to a friend...or even a foe.
(c) 2010 The O-Zone, O-Zone Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, rebroadcast,rewritten, or redistributed.