Two-Minute Drill: Sights and Sounds from Media Day
By Brandon Castel
COLUMBUS, Ohio — One day after their fall jersey scrimmage, the Ohio State players and coaches were back on the Turf at Ohio Stadium Sunday for the team’s official “media day.”
There was no hitting involved this time, but there was plenty to talk about. Get caught up in our “two-minute drill.”
Braxton Miller & QBs
- Braxton said Sunday he has overheard the coaches talking about him as a guy who needs to be on the field this fall.
- DB Corey Brown said he was ‘wowed’ by what Braxton could do with his feet in the jersey scrimmage. Just kept saying ‘wow.’
- He had trouble picking up the playbook at first, but now he is starting to get more comfortable. Before he was worried about knowing the routes, but not it’s more just making sure he calls out the right protections for the offensive line.
- WR DeVier Posey thinks Joe Bauserman pulled away from the pack a little with his performance this past week, but CB Bradley Roby views it as the team having two starting QBs.
- LB Etienne Sabino suffered a broken left hand in Saturday’s jersey scrimmage. He had surgery Sunday morning, but was in good spirits. He may sit out most of this week, but expects to play in the opener against Akron with a small cast/splint.
- Sabino doesn’t expect to lose his spot, but believes freshman Ryan Shazier is ready to step in and play if he has to miss any time.
- DE Solomon Thomas has not practiced this fall because he underwent off-season knee surgery.
- WR DeVier Posey has been bothered by hamstring injury this fall, but it's nothing major. He's focused on learning, helping young guys.
- DB Tyler Moeller strained his groin during fall camp. Said it was result of not being in football shape, but he will be back out there Monday.
- TE Reid Fragel also expects to return to full action Monday. Said the staph infection in his knee flared back up after first few days of camp.
- RB Jaamal Berry has been bothered by a hamstring. He has been sitting out as a precaution because he doesn't want to injury to get worse. Doesn’t expect to miss any playing time.
Posey on Pryor
- Posey said he had an empty feeling after Terrelle Pryor left. Said it was tough to see, but he wishes him the best always.
- Posey also said that there is no doubt in his mind that Pryor is an NFL QB. Said he will work harder than anyone to get there.
Odds & Ends
- Luke Fickell said his slogan, “Men of Action” came from a book called The Traveler's Gift: Seven Decisions that Determine Personal Success, by Andy Andrews.
- Fickell suggested it to Tressel and the team in the spring, but it was even more applicable now.
- CB Bradley Roby said the toughest WR on the team to cover is Philly Brown because of his speed.
- Roby also said he wants to be remembered the best corner that ever played at Ohio State.
Donate by Check :
1380 King Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43212
Help us bring you more Buckeye coverage. Donate to the-Ozone.
Click here to email this the-Ozone feature to a friend...or even a foe.
(c) 2010 The O-Zone, O-Zone Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, rebroadcast,rewritten, or redistributed.