Two-Minute Drill: Depth Chart for Colorado
By Brandon Castel
COLUMBUS, Ohio — It has been less than 48 hours since Ohio State’s devastating loss at Miami (Fla.), and the Buckeyes are moving on to Colorado.
They won’t hit the practice field until Tuesday, following Luke Fickell’s press luncheon, but the University released its latest depth chart Monday for the game against Colorado.
The Big Ten also announced a 3:30 p.m. start time for the Oct. 1 game between Ohio State and Michigan State in Columbus.
- Joe Bauserman and Braxton Miller are once against listed as co-starters for the game against Colorado.
- Bauserman is still listed ahead of Miller with an “OR” between them, which means the Buckeyes apparently plan to rotate them again this week.
- After starting the first three games at tailback, Carlos Hyde is now listed as a co-starter with Jordan Hall for week four against Colorado.
- Hall is listed as the No. 1 punt returner, ahead of Fields. Hall and Jaamal Berry are listed as the two kick returners.
- Neither Berry nor Rod Smith appears at tailback on the latest two-deep.
- Verlon Reed is listed as the starter at one WR spot, while Chris Fields and Philly Brown are listed as co-starters at the other WR spot.
- Brown missed the game against Miami and did not travel with the team because of an ankle injury.
- Sophomore Marcus Hall continues to be listed as the starter at right guard, while Corey Linsley is once again listed as his backup. The two split time at right guard against Miami.
- Redshirt freshman J.T. Moore is listed as the starter at DE (Leo) for the Colorado game.
- True freshman Steve Miller is listed as Moore’s backup, meaning Nathan Williams will not play this week against Colorado. He had his knee scoped last Wednesday and is expected to miss a few more games.
- Travis Howard is back on the depth chart this week, listed as a starter alongside Bradley Roby at cornerback. Sophomore Dominic Clarke listed as the backup.
- The starting safeties will continue to be Orhian Johnson and C.J. Barnett. Sophomore Christian Bryant is listed as the backup to Johnson at safety and Tyler Moeller at “Star.”
Donate by Check :
1380 King Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43212
Help us bring you more Buckeye coverage. Donate to the-Ozone.
Click here to email this the-Ozone feature to a friend...or even a foe.
(c) 2010 The O-Zone, O-Zone Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, rebroadcast,rewritten, or redistributed.