Two-Minute Drill: Inside the Ohio State Locker Room
By Brandon Castel
COLUMBUS, Ohio — Luke Fickell finally had a chance to smile after his team’s 37-17 win over Colorado Saturday.
The game wasn’t really even that close.
The Buffaloes got a late touchdown and Ohio State left the ball sitting at their opponent’s one-yard line as the clock ran out.
We take you inside the postgame locker room.
Braxton’s First Start
- Braxton said he was confident coming into his first start and felt good about the team’s performance.
- Fickell confirmed the obvious after the game, saying that Braxton is the team’s quarterback now.
- Jordan Hall said he told Braxton "this is your huddle, take control.”
- Zach Boren said he told Braxton this week to take control and be confident. It's his team now.
- Braxton said it meant a lot for the veterans to tell him it was his huddle. Said it gave him a lot of confidence.
- The coaches told Braxton to work on his sliding after some of the hits he took.
- Offensive coordinator Jim Bollman said running Braxton 14 times in a half “won’t be the plan the rest of the year."
- Fickell said their No. 1 thing going into this game was that special teams had to make plays.
- The next thing they wanted to do was have poise on defense and tackle better.
- The third most important thing was to run the football with success and lastly to play with some emotion.
- Freshman WR Devin Smith said he thought he made the catch along the sideline, but it was ruled incomplete.
- Fickell said he thought about challenging it, but decided to call a timeout instead and not waste the official challenge.
- Smith said his favorite catch of the day was the fade in the left corner of the end zone.
- Smith said he and Braxton developed chemistry while attending an OSU camp during summer before their senior years of high school.
- Jordan Hall was a little salty over not scoring on the kick return. Said he was glad the offense punched it in the end zone.
- Hall said he thinks the offense will only be more explosive when Boom Herron returns.
- Left guard Jack Mewhort said he is awe of some of things Jordan Hall can do.
- Christian Bryant said he found out Tuesday he would be starting.
- Travis Howard said he got a piece of the first TD, but not enough to break it up. Said he just misjudged the ball and jumped too early.
- Howard said they knew Colorado was going to spread them out, so they wanted more speed on the field.
- When the Buckeyes went to dime, Bryant moved to Star and Orhian Johnson came back on the field at safety.
Donate by Check :
1380 King Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43212
Help us bring you more Buckeye coverage. Donate to the-Ozone.
Click here to email this the-Ozone feature to a friend...or even a foe.
(c) 2010 The O-Zone, O-Zone Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, rebroadcast,rewritten, or redistributed.