Game Notes: Buffaloes No Match for Buckeyes
By Brandon Castel
COLUMBUS, Ohio — The Buckeyes (3-1) got back on track Saturday with a much-needed victory over visiting Colorado (1-3).
Check out the game-notes from a one-sided 37-17 win at Ohio Stadium.
- Ohio State moved to 4-1 all-time against Colorado.
- Ohio State won the last meeting with the Buffaloes, 13-10, Sept. 20, 1986 at Ohio Stadium.
- Ohio State moved to 10-3 in its last 13 games against current teams in the new Pac-12.
- Ohio State outgained Colorado 78-1 on the ground and 78-18 overall in the first quarter.
- Ohio State’s first 105 yards came on the ground before an 8-yard pass from Braxton Miller to Reid Fragel in the second quarter.
- Ohio State tallied 47 rushing attempts to 16 for Colorado for the game.
- The Buckeyes were 5-for-6 in the red zone with three touchdowns and two field goals.
- The OSU defense did not allow a first down in the entire first quarter and six minutes into the second – Colorado claimed its first conversion at 6:55 in the second quarter – a 21:55 span of no conversions
- Junior fullback Zach Boren and junior defensive lineman John Simon served as game captains.
Ohio State Team Notes
- Ohio State is 55-5 at Ohio Stadium since the start of the 2002 season.
- Ohio State has won 57-consecutive regular-season non-conference home games against teams not ranked in the AP Top 25.
- Ohio State has 822 wins all-time, the fifth-most among FBS teams.
- The Silver Bullet Defense forced six three-and-outs and claimed two turnovers against the Buffaloes
- Freshman Braxton Miller made his first start at quarterback for Ohio State.
- Miller threw for a career-high two touchdowns on a 32-yard completion to Devin Smith in the second quarter and a 17-yarder to Smith in the third quarter. Miller’s first career touchdown pass also came to Smith in the fourth quarter against Akron.
- Miller tallied a career-best 83 rushing yards on a career-high 17 carries.
- Jordan Hall scored his first rushing touchdown of the season and third of his career, a 1-yard run in the first quarter
- Hall tallied a career-high 231 all-purpose yards.
- Hall recorded a career-high 18 rushing attempts, totaling 84 yards.
- Hall’s 90-yard kickoff return in the third quarter was the longest of his career.
- Carlos Hyde scored his third career rushing touchdown, a 5-yard run in the third quarter.
- Sophomore defensive tackle Adam Bellamy claimed his first career fumble recovery on the Colorado 22-yard line at 6:59 in the opening quarter.
- Sophomore defensive back Christian Bryant led the team with a career-high six tackles with one pass breakup.
- Freshman Ryan Shazier was second with a career-best five tackles.
- Storm Klein notched his first career sack in the fourth quarter.
- Ohio State held Colorado to 3-of-13 on third down conversions.
- Ohio State has only allowed three touchdowns in the second half through the first four games
Two Minute Drills - Postgame Locker Room
Donate by Check :
1380 King Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43212
Help us bring you more Buckeye coverage. Donate to the-Ozone.
Click here to email this the-Ozone feature to a friend...or even a foe.
(c) 2010 The O-Zone, O-Zone Communications, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, rebroadcast,rewritten, or redistributed.